GSTR-2A Vs PR GSTIN Matching
Learn how to Match GSTIN for GSTR-2A Vs PR
Select ‘2A vs PR GSTIN Matching’ option to proceed further
Select a ‘Business’ to proceed with GSTIN Matching
Under the ‘Matching’ tab and Download your GSTR-2A & Import Purchase Documents to proceed with Matching
Select the ‘Period’ and click on ‘Download Data from GSTN’ to download the GSTR-2A data
Click on ‘Request OTP’ button to receive an OTP on the registered mobile number
Enter the OTP and click on ‘Verify & Continue’ button to download the GSTR- 2A data
Two sets of documents are required for Matching. In case your GSTR-2A is already downloaded, click on ‘Import Purchase Register’ button to import your purchase register
Select the ‘Return Period’ and select the ‘ClearTax Template’ then click on ‘Select file from Computer’ to upload your Purchase Books
Please wait while your data is being imported & processed
If some of the documents imported have errors and select the Tab that shows Errors. Under the ‘Errors’ column hover to find the reason, you can correct the errors in this screen by editing the details and then click on ‘Save and Validate’ button to proceed
Select ‘Fix errors now’ option to correct the errors. Select ‘Yes, I’ll continue later’ to proceed without fixing the errors
You can now click on the ‘Select date’ to select the return period & document date as per your books and supplier data for which you want to run the Matching
You can also use the ‘Document Date Filter’ as per your books to do inter-fiscal year matching
Click on the ‘Start Matching’ to view the Matching Result of Supplier and Purchase Documents
You can now view the ‘Matching Summary’. In order to see the Matching details click on ‘View Results in Detail’ button
One can use the ‘Match Status’ filter to view the Matching status of GSTR-2A & Purchase Data.
Here the invoice number under the ‘Supplier Data’ & ‘GSTR-2A’ are mismatching, but the ClearTax’s Matching Tool will highlight such differences & help reduce such mismatches for you
You can now view the invoices in ‘Document View’ & ‘Supplier View’. In ‘Document View’ level one can view all the line items of the invoices imported Whereas, in ‘Supplier View’ level, the total of all the invoices can be viewed from a single supplier
You can take the following actions with respect to the invoices:
- Accept Supplier Values
- Accept my values
- Send email
- 1.Accept Supplier Values Accept the supplier values to claim ITC based on the supplier’s values. Pro Tip:
- In case the invoices are in ‘Matched’ bucket, then you can simply click on ‘Accept Supplier Values’ to reconcile invoices faster.
- In case the invoices are in the ‘Mismatch in Data’ bucket, then you can apply the filter on a conditional basis and click on ‘Accept Supplier Values’.
- In case the invoices are in the ‘Missing in my Data’ bucket, then ‘Accept Supplier Values’ if your supplier has uploaded the correct invoices.
- 2.Accept My Values Accept my values to claim ITC based on your values. Pro Tip:
- In case the invoices are in ‘Missing in Supplier Data (Not in 2A)’ bucket, then ‘Accept My Values’ if you have uploaded the correct invoices.
- In case the invoices are in ‘Mismatch in Data’ bucket, then you can apply the filter on a conditional basis and click on ‘Accept My Values’.
- 3.Mark as Pending - You can mark your invoice(s)as pending. This action is used to mark the matched documents link temporary if he is not confident about the linked documents. When confident users can validate the data and accept actions by applying the pending action filter.
- 4.Send E-mail - You can now send individual communications to the vendor as per the Match status.
- 5.Reset - This functionality helps the user to reset the last action taken on the document
You can also take ‘Bulk Action’ for the mismatches in the GSTR-2A & Purchase Books. Just select the invoices you want to take bulk actions for & select an Action (Accept Supplier Values, Accept my Values, De-link or Mark as Pending)
You can now send the ‘missing & mismatched’ invoice details to the supplier. Select single/multiple suppliers and click on ‘Send Email’ button to send an email
Select the ‘Template’ as per your choice and add the email address (To view the already added email id’s and click on ‘view email address’) (You can also select multiple email ids for a single supplier) then edit the ‘Subject’ & ‘Message’. Click on ‘Send’ to send the mail
Click on ‘Import customers or vendors’ to add Vendor Contact in Bulk
Click on ‘Select File’ to import your contact details
Click on ‘Edit Details’ option to edit the template subject & message. Click on ‘Save’ button to save the changes
Add the required details and click on ‘Save’ button to continue
In the ‘Matching Summary’ page, the total number of invoices & CDNs downloaded (GSTR-2A) from the GSTN Portal may sometimes not match with the Total number shown in the ‘View Results in Detail page’
The following can be the reason for the same:
In the summary page, the document count visible to users is the data that is downloaded from GSTN. During Matching, we eliminate Amendment and Duplicate invoices which leads to a difference in document count between two pages