How to get E-Invoicing User Auth Token?
To generate your user auth token,
1. Log in to your ClearTax E-Invoicing sandbox account - https://einv-sandbox.internal.cleartax.co or your ClearTax E-Invoicing production account - https://einv.cleartax.in based on which environment auth token you want to generate.
2. On the bottom left corner click on “Settings”.
3. On the sidebar menu, click on “Integrations”.
4. Enter a name in the AuthToken Label text field and click on “Generate”.
5. Copy the Auth Token generated in the “Auth Token” field below and save it securely in your system. You can use this token for request header “x-cleartax-auth-token” later in your API requests.
Please note, you can generate as many tokens as you want (may be for each ERP). To help you identify the tokens in the future, you can name the authentication tokens with labels. So make sure to keep the label unique and identifiable.
ClearTax does not store the token on its side. After generating an auth token, if you lose or forget the token, it cannot be downloaded or copied from the ClearTax portal again. In such a case, you can generate a new token instead.